I am a Sunday cook, meaning I only enjoy cooking on Sundays. I love to cook for a handful of people, and during the week I tend to get lazy especially when I don’t know what to make for two people. On my way home tonight I was fretting what to make and almost went and got take out instead. Then I thought of quiche, which I have not made for long time. I found this from allrecepies, and I am really glad that I have downloaded this app on to my phone, so I won’t feel lost when I am shopping and deciding what to cook in the grocery stores.
This is a fast dish to cook, from preparation to cooking it took about less than an hour, and I love the fact that this recipe does not use cheese like most quiche. It calls for three slices of bacon, and I am not sure how thick these slices are supposed to be, but the ones I have in the freezer are really thin, so I threw in six slices instead and still we could hardly taste bacon.
I did not take a picture of the inside of the quiche, but once you slice it you can see the layers of ingredients in it. This is a good dish to make for a weeknight dinner, all you need is a green salad and you are set.
- 10 ounces spinach, blanched, shocked, drained, and finely chopped or 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (9 inch) pastry crust, pre-cooked (use either Basic Pastry Crust Recipe #154001, or Bacon Pastry Crust Recipe #154002
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter over low heat. Add flour and stir until smooth.
- Add milk and continue stirring.
- Slowly add eggs, then stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into the crust in a 9 inch pie pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes