Zucchini my favorite veggie is in season now ! This year the yellow zukes are also available besides the white ones, what will they think of next?
I made this colorful summer dish last night, and this is a keeper. I don’t like goat cheese because of its gamey taste, and since I have some left over cream cheese I decided to put it in, and it does give the dish a creamy look and taste. For the finishing touch, I added a splash of Balsamic vinegar, and it just give it a little kick. Love it !!
The recipe is from Food.com
- 2 cups corn(fresh, canned, or thawed from frozen)
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil(I use homemade jalapeno-infused, gives the dish a little kick)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 ounces goat cheese (soft, or cream cheese could be substituted though goat is better)
Clean and small dice zucchini, onion, and pepper.
Heat oil in skillet.
Add onion, cook until onions are clear but not browned.
Add zucchini, pepper, corn, and spices, cook over medium high while stirring often, until desired tenderness.
Add goat cheese, stir until the cheese it melted and evenly distributed.