I love Thai, and I love Vietnamese, so I combined these two tonight. I was able to find some live spot prawns and they made a perfectly yummy addition to my concoction. Actually I had something similar couple months ago, Jeremy made this wonderful meal with different shell fish cooked in tom yum soup. I sort of improvised and came up with my version.
Tom Yum soup base
1 pound of live spot prawns
2 cobs of fresh corn
2 Roma tomato
1 green lime
1 bunch of bean sprouts
2 swigs of fresh basil
a handful of cilantro
1 pkg of fresh udon
- make tom yum soup ( Click here)
- while soup is boiling, put in cobs of corn ( chopped in half) and boil for 10 minutes
- add in the quartered tomatoes
- add udon noddles, cook until they are separated
- and put in prawns, cook until they changed color, do not overcook
- while soup is boiling, blanch bean sprout quickly and drain, wash and chop cilantro, basil leaves, put them on a plate to be served with noodles.
- Serve immediately.