I have not made this recipe for years. At one time I made it frequently for pot luck and for parties. It is an easy and sure win appetizer which does not take a lot of preparation.
I was invited to Charlotte’s on Sunday for what appeared to be a meeting, but it turned out to be a surprise belated birthday party for me. Philip made his famous paella dish and it tasted superb as usual. The bean dip was well received, made the dinner truly an international affair.
Here is the recipe, I have forgotten who I got this from and so I cannot properly credit it to the source of this wonderful dip.
1 can of refried beans
3 ripe avocados
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp of salt
Chopped green onions
1 package taco sesaoning
3 chopped tomatoes
1 can of chopped olives ( optiona_
Method–complete in layerss
- Spread refried beans on a baking dish
- Mash avocadoes and mix with lemon juice, salt and pepper and spread over beans
- Mix sour cream, mayo, taco seasoning and spread over the second layer
- Sprinkle with green onions, chopped tomatoes, cheese and olives
- Put in preheated oven, heat to melt cheese. Serve.