I hit the jackpot when I got this recipe from Mabel L through the exchange. She gave me this recipe years ago when she came over to our other house for potluck. Unfortunately when I moved, I lost her recipe. It was a lesson learned, that I should never leave scraps of paper lying around. I guess it is one of the reasons why I started a food blog to help me remember and sort out my favorite recipes.
Thanks Mabel for helping me reconnect with my old “friend”.
BROCOLI, CHEESE & WILD RICE CASSEROLE
- 1 package of Uncle Ben’s Classic Long Grain & Wild rice OR Uncle Ben’s Fast & Fancy Fine Herb & Wild Rice (cheaper)
- Broccoli, chopped
- 2 – 10oz cans of Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 can of sliced mushrooms
- Cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup?, more or less depending on how much you like)
- Optional: 4 or 5 European wieners, sliced diagonally
- Make rice per package.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- In a pot of water, boil broccoli just before tender. Scoop broccoli out and set aside.
- In the same pot of water, boil European wieners until cooked. Drain and set aside.
- In a pot, heat soup, mushrooms and a little bit of the cheddar cheese to blend flavours.
- Grease 2L rectangular casserole dish.
- Layer rice at the bottom, then spread out broccoli and European wieners on top of rice.
- Scoop soup/mushroom mixture on top of everything.
- Lastly, spread shredded cheese evenly over everything.
- Cover and heat in oven for 15 minutes until cheese melts. If your casserole dish does not have a cover, just loosely fold some tin foil to sit on top like a roof without touching the cheese (know what I mean?).
- Serves 3-4, or more if you’re serving something else beside it. Enjoy!