It has been a while since my last entry. I have been lazy when it comes to cooking as the weather has been too nice for me to slave over a hot stove. In addition, I have been knitting and crocheting up a storm these last few weeks getting ready for the craft sale that is coming up fast. My knitting club is going to have our very first craft sale in December, and the proceeds will go to charity. I really need to get those needles and hooks going !
Besides knitting I have had my birthday the beginning of this month. The chickadees took me out for supper and Jem and Tim got me this very nice ceramic serving bowl. I was so excited when I got it, and was looking for an opportunity to use it. I wanted something simple but delicious and will not take too long to make…. so pronto presto, I found this on food.com. It took less than an hour to show up on dinner table, and while dinner was cooking I went and did some more knitting. Must make good use of time !
This dish fits my standard of what a weekday supper should be. It has all the major food groups ( in my opinion), and all you need is a couple of pieces of toasted French bread and you are all set to go. Ummm, yes, a glass of red wine with supper will definitely make it perfect. Working ladies, this is for you !
Zucchini and Ground Beef Casserole
- 2 medium zucchini, fresh cut in 1/4-inch chunks
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup salsa, jarred with tomatoes, onions and chiles
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Brown ground beef with chopped onions, chopped garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until meat is well cooked.
- Add jarred salsa and cumin. Cover and simmer in low heat for another 10 minutes until favors blend.
- Add the zucchini chunks. Cover and cook for about 10 more minutes until zucchini is cooked, but not too soft.
- UPDATE: I added chopped garlic cloves to the ingredients as a suggestions from CJAY and Nana Lee to improve its taste. Enjoy.