Nov 14, 2012
Tonight is one of those days I need my comfort food. I have been craving rice vermicelli all day long and it is exactly what I would prescribe to chase those awful blues away. This evening I need my comfort food to bring me back to my pampered childhood years.
As I was making the pork, I got a little concerned because besides the soy sauce there is not much seasonings. But I am totally surprised after I added the kabocha, the tangyness of the pumpkin add another layer of flavoring to this other wise bland dish.
As I expected, rice vermicelli and Survivor did the trick!
Pumpkin Rice Noodles
Serves 1 | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes
100g dried rice vermicelli
2 tablespoons oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
100g pork, minced
100g pumpkin (or kabocha), diced
½ cup water
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
3 dashes white pepper
100g bean sprouts, rinsed
1. Soak the dried rice vermicelli in warm water for about 20 minutes. Drain the water and set aside.
2. Heat up the oil in a wok and add the garlic. Stir-fry the garlic until aromatic before adding the pork and pumpkin.
3. Add the water, soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, white pepper and bring to boil.
4. Add the rice vermicelli into the wok, stir to combine well with the ingredients in the wok.
5. Add the bean sprouts and continue to stir fry the rice vermicelli until the sauce is dry and the vermicelli is cooked through. Dish out and serve immediately.