I have invited a couple of families to join us for Christmas brunch, the menu of the morning was sausage brunch bake, apple raisins oatmeal and fruit salad. My friends were really impressed by how simple this recipe is. It takes little preparation time, and about 1 hour cooking time. I made the oatmeal the night before in my crock pot, and while this casserole was in the oven, I relaxed over my morning coffee and enjoyed the quietness in the house before the excitement.
Here is the recipe from Food. com
- 8 frozen hash brown patties
- 2 cups cubed ham or 2 cups crumbled bacon or 2 cups browned sausage
- 2 cups shredded cheese, divided
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potato patties in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Top with ham, bacon, sausage or any combination, and sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese.
- Combine milk, soup, eggs, mustard and pepper; pour over cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Uncover and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.